- This work by is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
Using a letter model and names/addresses of Veterans provide by student families teacher models writing a letter of appreciation to a Veteran.
- copied friendly letter format
- names and addresses of Veterans supplied by student families
- to indroduce a friendly letter format
- to discuss importance of appreciation of Veterans
- week before Veteran's Day send home note to student families asking for names and address of Veterans (relatives or friends)
- on day of project discuss concept of Veteran's Day and our appreciation of Veterans
- give each student a name of Veteran
- teacher models writing a friendly letter of appreciation to a Veteran
- students write letter using friendly letter form to the Veteran
- teacher addresses each letter and sends