- This work by is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
Students will create a written response to a wordless book. Then they will create Snowman Ornaments using CDs.
- Book The Snowman by Raymond Briggs
- One CD for each child (I collect the free ones that are used to promote Internet Providers)
- White Tempra Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Black felt
- Orange felt
- 2 medium sized black buttons per child
- Sharpie Marker
- Ribbon (for hanger)
- Writing Paper
- To create a response to a wordless book.
- To create a Christmas Tree Ornament
Read The Snowman by Raymond Briggs. Have students discuss the events of the story. Remind students that since it is a wordless book they have to pay careful attention to the pictures to see the story.
Have students to create a response to the story by drawing a picture and writing a story based on the book.
To create the ornaments on day 1 paint the printed side of the CDs white. On the 2nd day use black felt to create a top hat for the snowman face. Cut carrot noses out of the orange felt. Glue the hat, carrot, and two buttons (for eyes) onto the painted side of the CD. Use a black sharpie marker to draw the mouth and add details to the snowman. Glue a ribbon loop to the back for hanging.