- This work by is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
There are 4 assets for this resource.
Introduce the vocabualry for graphs and then use that knowledge to make bar and line graphs.
- The notes powerpoint.
- The M&M's Bar Graph Powerpoint.
- M&M's mini packs (or skittles or colored gold fish)
- To understand the graph vocabulary terms.
- To be able to make a graph when given information.
- To know when to use a bar graph and a line graph.
Print out the notes or have the students copy them on their own paper. Go through the vocabulary terms, giving examples. Go through the notes and make the graphs. At the end of the lesson have each student make their own M&M bar graph.
- Have students bring in cereal boxes and they can graph the differences in the sugar content on a bar graph.
- Look up endangered species and how they have become less and less over time. Make a line graph of the information. (The more development in an area, the less number of a species.)
- Give students information and have them create their own graphs.
- I have also attached a test and pop quiz I created during my graphs unit.