- This work by is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
Students can solve simple addition problems using the Nintendo Wii Sports game.
- Nintendo Wii
- Nintendo Wii Sports Game
- Simple bowling score charts
- Students will be able to solve simple addition problems using the Nintendo Wii Sports game.
- 4 students can play the bowling game while 4 other students record their score on a simple bowling chart.
- Students should know that there are 10 bowling pins altogether. They can figure out the complements of 10 if they receive a strike or spare.
- This activity works well while learning the part part whole addition strategy.
This idea can be used with many other games using the Wii. Older grades can figure percents using the baseball game.
I would just check their score sheets to see if they understood what they were adding.