- This work by is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
There are 1 assets for this resource.
This is a two part lesson in which students create a budget using dice (up to six digits) and buy "cars," and compete in a friendly decimal race.
- car advertisements from newspapers and/or online
- dice to create 5-6 digit budget
- student notebooks/paper and pencils
- Solid Understanding of Place Value through the tenths
- Ability to estimate using prices of large value
- Order and round decimals
- Download olympic track times and compare to actual running times of students on a 50 meter and 100 meter race