- This work by is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
There are 7 assets for this resource.
After reading the story Johnny Appleseed by Jodie Shepherd I have created worksheets to go along with the story. Easy for beginning readers.
- The Book Johnny Appleseed by Jodie Shepherd
- To have students listen during a read aloud
- To practice ABC order
- To identify letter names
- To show comprehension of what was read to them or what they read
- To learn about a Folk Hero
Read the story aloud in small groups. Help students complete the worksheets or if capable have them complete them on their own. (These lessons were prepared with significally delayed second graders who have limited knowledge of letter names and sounds but wanted to be included in a reading group. These activities were created so that they could increase their self esteem surrounding reading and show a finished product after listening to a story read to them by the teacher since they are unable to read independently.
Using the apple shapes paper add you own words to be used for ABC order or your own words for matching.