- This work by is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.
There are 4 assets for this resource.
Reading Strategy Checklists for: inferring, questioning, determining importance, schema, visualizing, and synthesizing. Student and Teacher charts
- CLICK ON ASSETS FOR complete PDFs
- Teacher Reading Strategy Chart PDF (print one per group)
- Student Reading Strategy Chart PDF (print one per student)
- One SMART Board Slide for the 7 strategies
- Teachers can keep track of what reading strategies were used with each guided reading group using the teacher checklist.
- Students can keep track of what reading strategies were used both in small groups and when working independently.
Teachers can keep track of the names of books and dates they were used, along with what reading stratgies were used for comprehension with this checklist. When students use strategies other than what is planned, teachers can quickly check those strategies, too.
A system of different checks, stars, and plus signs could be used for when strategies are introduced, practiced, and used spontaneously by students in guided book discussions.
This might be an idea for gifted and talented students to use independently after strategies have been taught.
The clip art (hand drawn by Kate Brayman, Plymouth, MN, art teacher) could be copied and taped on book spines to indicate which reading strategies could be used with which books.